Boring Outfit Post
This is what I wore Saturday night on the Toon. My vintage white dress is so versatile - I've worn it with summery colours for the daytime, with utterly ridiculous leopard print platform shoes (that I bought on ebay when I was drunk once) and red lipstick for parties, with brown leather for a sliiightly boho look this time (No Alexa, I'm not becoming a hippy - this is as boho as I get!), AND I'm sure it will come in for a costume should I ever play an angel in a Nativity play.
Dress: Best Vintage in Newcastle
Belt: River Island, when I was 18
Boots: Clarks January sale a few years ago
Bag: AMAZING vintage-shop-charity-shop-hybrid in Oldham
I may say "haway" from time to time, but I'm not a proper Newcastle girl yet, since I wear a jacket on winter nights. Of course it had to be my ridiculous leopard one!
My glamorous showbiz life
In the past couple of weeks I have been to see THIS
|Couldn't choose which of the amazing Deco-inspired posters I liked best, so I had 'em all.|
I've also seen THIS
|I don't think that's actually the right image for this production, but it matched my Black Swan posters!|
I've dined on roast beef on two consecutive Sundays, once at Malmaison, swank swank swank, and once in my own kitchen.
ME: Mm, this is nice gravy.
SIMON: It's not gravy. Gravy is working-class. This is a jus.
I also got my hair cut.
It's got some layers this time, so I'm not a proper flapper anymore.
Anyway, onto the exciting surprise!
I was very pleased to be nominated for a Stylish Blogger Award by Little Miss Bossy of littlemissbossysadventures ! A blog award! AND I'm up to 17 followers! I've arrived! Thank you very much, Little Miss Bossy. It was very thrilling seeing my blog link right there in your post, and I'm totally spiffed to be considered a Stylish Blogger! My already considerable vanity is going to go through the roof now! It cheered me up after an afternoon involving a child throwing up on my feet, and there aren't many things that can bring you out of a puke-induced mood!
The conditions of the Stylish Blogger Award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
So, seven facts about me...
1. I can twist my left thumb around so it looks like my thumb is on backwards. Yes, it's gross and no, you don't want to see a photo.
2. I've got a phobia of a common household vegetable, and no, Simon, it isn't funny.
3. My dream job would be to be in charge of the Naming Bureau, where new parents, as part of registering the baby's birth, would have to apply for the name they want. I would review each name, and if deemed unacceptable, I would return the application with 'REJECTED' stamped across it in big red letters, and a list of three options from which they may choose. This would prevent children from being called stupid things like Madison.
4. I hate washing my hair.
5. I would like to time-travel to meet Robin Hood. I bet he was a hottie.
6. My favourite book in the world is 'Wise Children' by Angela Carter. I feel like every word of it was written specifically for me.
7. I copy-and-pasted several of these facts from a Facebook quiz from about two years ago!
Now onto the good bit! Seven of my favourite stylish blogs, that I recommend you go and have a look at, because they're stylish, and stylish is good.
Solanah's blog has the best outfits. When she isn't buying and selling vintage clothes, I think she just skips around her city looking fabulous and eating strange American delicacies with her glamorous friends. Look back through the archives and read how she got her vintage wedding dress for 75 cents!
The Freelancer is a burlesque dancer from Helsinki, she looks retro-perfect in every photo, her tattoos are amazing, her house is cool, and she's just generally brilliant.
I love the way Penny Dreadful wears vintage with a modern kick-arse-ish-ness. She also posts about books, films, bargains and her own glamorous life. And she's really nice and comments on my humble blog!
Sarah has more dresses than anyone I've ever met, she takes nice pictures and she has a very high tolerance for creepy blog stalkers (cough me cough)
Not a fashion blog, but undoubtedly stylish. Katie does crazy street art things with paper, and her blog is so colourful it instantly puts you in a good mood.
Anika said in one post that she believes in only wearing things that you absolutely love - nothing you only tolerate. I've adopted that as my philosophy!
Not updated all that often, but the posts are worth waiting for. And it doesn't really get any more stylish than old Hollywood, now does it?