Monday 17 January 2011

When I win the lottery...

I don’t normally go in for high-end fashion or lusting after designer pieces.  (I even hate the term ‘pieces’ to describe garments.)  London Fashion Week was the most boring blog-reading period of 2010 for me, I don’t know my Lagerfeld from my Galliano and I didn’t work out what “A/W10” meant until we were well into “S/S11”.

However.

I can’t begin to express how badly I want a Zac Posen handbag.  In fact, no, I don’t want a Zac Posen handbag.  I want TEN Zac Posen handbags.  Specifically, these ones...

These are all from the ‘Resort 2011’ collection from Posen’s ‘Z Spoke’ diffusion line (why are designer shops so complicated?), which I have only heard of thanks to a post Style High Club did today.  The clothes are bonkers but lovely and sort of Riviera-ish, and the handbags are HEAVEN.  (Strangely, the bags in the Spring 2011 and Fall 2010 sections didn’t charm me at all.)

Look at this ginormohumongous weekend bag!  (It’s actually called a ‘Bridle Leather Jumbo Top Handle Flap w/ Scarf Detail Handle and Signature Hardware’) I want it in eye-popping candy blue AND sophisticated tan.  (Or, as Zac calls them, ‘Fresia’ and ‘Latte’)


I love the floppy scarfy bits on these ‘Faille Top Handle Flap’ bags.  The red has va-va-voom appeal, but I also really like the two-tone one.  It’s sort of equestrian.


And how vintagely gorgeous is the same thing in ‘Houndstooth’?  WANT IT!


How unspeakably chic would you look waiting to board a plane with an enormous trolley (and attendant dogsbody) piled high with this fresia, floral and latte lot?  I like the satchel-ish one on the left.

No, I’ve changed my mind.  I want to do all my weekending with this ‘Ocean Pebble Leather Top Handle Flap’ from the Fall 2010 collection.  (Which should mean it’s in the sale, right?!)

The Zac Posen website doesn’t actually specify the prices of it’s ‘pieces’ (see, it’s annoying, isn’t it?), but considering that this rather dull and minging one...


...is on sale at Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,495, I don’t really fancy my chances of owning one (or ten) ever in my lifetime.  Ah well.

(Images all nabbed from the Z Spoke website, except for one from the Saks website)

5 comments:

  1. SO agree with you on these, they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I am totally with you on the mindnumbing tedium that is London Fashion Week and the endless column inches/magazine spreads/blog posts featuring the latest seasonal collections, yawn! Give me some good old fashioned vintage, high street bargains and a splash of imagination any day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Fun to read. Re Zac Posen...have you perused the new Z Spoke bags? They are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments, people! :o) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want them all too !!
    PS: Your blog is lovely ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...