Saturday 15 January 2011

And I will purge thy mortal grossness so That thou shalt like an airy spirit go

This lady is only here so that the thumbnail photo on people's blog readers is of her looking foolish not of me looking foolish.
There was something of the vintage chorine about last night’s outfit, which explains why I’m pictured doing my best “Come Peaseblossom! Cobweb! Moth! and Mustardseed!" impression.  (Interesting factoid, I played Peaseblossom in A Midsummer Night's Dream at school, and I was also Theseus, which is very strange because the drama teacher must have misheard me when I said I wanted to audition for the role of Helena...)

Throwing shapes in pictures makes it much harder to crop out unsightly bedroom clutter.

Dress:  New Look
Belt: Came on another dress
Cuff bracelet:  Christmas present
Tights:  I haven't the faintest idea. Who keeps track of where they buy their tights?!
Silver leopard shoes - Accessorize

Anyway, I spent the evening with my favourite theatrical people, so it was all very appropriate.

I tried to curl my hair with straighteners, but it was a bit of a disaster. (Nothing to do with lack of skill, I am in fact very good at curling hair with straighteners. Faulty straighteners in this case, clearly.)  I quite like the randomly-tousled-hair-with-straight-fringe effect, though.


P.S. Dear Miss Fyfe the drama teacher, I played Titania a year later, so there.


P.P.S. I am naughty and steal pictures from Flickr and We heart it and don't know how to do the proper crediting thing.  If I have stolen your picture I am very sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, i love the dress! Especially the frilly neck, i'm very very into frills at the moment.

    Nesha,
    http://thebuttonowl.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...