Friday 26 November 2010

"A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out, as good for nothing."

Overheard in the staffroom this morning:

"Don't bother taking off your coat, Elizabeth, you're going on a course today.  A taxi's picking you up in ten minutes.  See you on Monday!"

Well, I was slightly miffed because I'd been promised that today we were going to skip numeracy and have an hour of singing practice instead, but I thought hey, free lunch, so off I went to this course on autism, and very interesting and useful it was, and there was plentiful tea with nice biscuits.

But!  Lunchtime!  Anyone who's read that book about the Dog in the Night-time knows that sensory food issues are a common side effect of autism (and I should know, 'cos food issues are one thing that I'm very good at!), so you would expect, wouldn't you viewers, that the National Autistic Society would know better than to shove three or four ingredients into every little sandwich, all mixed up together touching each other and horrid things urgh urgh urgh urgh?!  I was ravenous and I couldn't eat any of the sandwiches because they all had shit in, and what was for pudding?  Fruit.  So in the end I managed to find two ham-and-pease-pudding sandwiches on the same plate as sandwiches with tomatoes in and they were alright after I'd scraped the slime off and picked the fat off the ham, and I took a banana, but as it would have been my third banana of the day I simply couldn't face eating it. 

I went to Greggs on my way home.

Anyway, traumatic sandwich experiences aside, at least I looked awesome:

4 comments:

  1. Tomato slime BLERGH BLERGH BLERGH BLERGH HURRRRGHGHGHGH. I own this: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+jesus_hates_tomatoes_cotton_tshirt,11955740

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your wellies. I only just realised during the weekend's white out that I'm the only person in the country who doesn't own a pair. Just ordered a sensible navy blue pair to match all outfits but would love a frivilous polka dot pair too just for the fun of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I justified polkadot wellies on the basis that they WOULD match all my outfits! I can't wait for one of those warm-but-chucking-it-down English summer days so I can wear them with my red and white polka-dotted sundress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...